About Trees for the Future
At Trees for the Future (TREES), we train farmers in sustainable land use so that they can build vibrant regional economies, thriving food systems, and a healthier planet. As a global leader in agroforestry training for over 30 years, TREES provides hands-on education and support, encouraging farmers in developing countries to work with nature, not against it.
Our signature methodology, the Forest Garden Approach, helps farmers transform their land with thousands of trees and dozens of crops, creating new possibilities for themselves, and their communities. By embracing sustainable land practices, farmers are reclaiming their agency, breaking the cycles of climate change and generational poverty, and rebuilding our food systems from the ground up. Learn more at trees.org.
About the Opportunity
Trees for the Future (TREES) is searching for a Bookkeeper to join our team. The Bookkeeper keeps accurate records of agency financial transactions, monitors delinquent accounts, prepares monthly statements and financial reports, and answers customer questions regarding billing issues. The Bookkeeper uses the agency automation system to manage and monitor receipts and payments.
In this role, you will…
- Accurately record revenue and expenses in the accounting system to maintain up-to-date financial records
- Issue invoices, maintain accounts receivables and ensure timely and accurate reconciliation
- Process accounts payable, including verifying invoices, managing payments and ensuring compliance with organization policies
- Review and reconcile staff expense reports
- Support in the preparation for the annual audit and filing of documents
- Prepare month-end and year-end journal entries, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial data
- Generate management financial reports
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
You’ll be a great fit if you have…
- Associate degree in accounting or finance or 3-5 years of relevant experience; Sage Intacct experience a plus
- Strong accounting and data entry skills are required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel, required.
- Strong writing and communication skills are required.
- Strong proofreading and formatting skills are required.
- Confidence in asking questions and getting clarifying information, as needed.
- Ability to think inter-departmentally and anticipate needs; and
- Comfort level navigating various leadership and decision-makers and working in a non-hierarchical environment.
- Strong belief in TREES’ mission and culture.
- Focused, disciplined, and determined.
- Innovative and collaborative.
- Passionate and good-natured.
- Both a team player and also able to take independent initiative.
- Patient and flexible, particularly in cross-cultural environments; and
- Sensitive and respectful of cultural differences.
Ready to Join our Team?
We’re thrilled that you want to change the world with us. Apply Here by 5pm on 30th November 2023.
TREES is an equal-opportunity employer.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that TREES receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Terms of Employment
Employment in this position will be on one (1) year renewable contract (with three months’ probation period) subject to availability of funds and continued existence of the position.