Who We Are
At Trees for the Future (TREES), we train farmers in sustainable land use so that they can build vibrant regional economies, thriving food systems, and a healthier planet. As a global leader in agroforestry training for over 30 years, TREES provides hands-on education and support, encouraging farmers in developing countries to work with nature, not against it.
Our signature methodology, the Forest Garden Approach, helps farmers transform their land with thousands of trees and dozens of crops, creating new possibilities for themselves, and their communities. By embracing sustainable land practices, farmers are reclaiming their agency, breaking the cycles of climate change and generational poverty, and rebuilding our food systems from the ground up. Learn more at trees.org.
About the Opportunity
The purpose of the Country MEL Coordinator is to assist the Director of MEL and Country Director in training field Staff, Data Analysis and reporting, field surveys, and overseeing organization data that are Accurately complete and are updated, and relevant to TREES Mission. Also coordinating any events or activities in relation to the actualization of the organization’s mission of ending hunger, eradicating poverty among farmers, and environmental conservation in regional projects.
In this role, you will…
- Working closely with Lead Technicians/Supervisor on ensuring all MRFs are timely submitted for review and approval
- Working closely with Lead Technicians to ensure all monthly narrative reports are submitted on time, consolidating and drafting quarterly, mid-year, and annual reports,
- Coordinate and manage data collection trainings to field staff,
- Coordinate and manage data cleaning and editing,
- Coordinate, manage, and conduct FG verifications surveys,
- Coordinate, manage, and supervise various surveys conducted by TREES i.e., NAC, Sample Surveys, Forest Garden Standard, etc.,
- §Coordinate and manage drone Surveys,
- Coordinate data analysis, presentation, and producing draft reports in needs,
- Supporting the team on various issues related to Taro Works,
- Planning and advice related to MEL issues for quality assurance in the MEL Department.
- Coordinate and manage properties and office belongings for best maintenance and management practices.
You’ll be a great fit if you have…
- Educational background Candidate Holding Bachelor’s Degree in statistics or Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or experience in conservation agriculture, and agroforestry
- Possess Skills in Data Analysis and Reporting
- Had a minimum period of Three years of relevant work experience in MEL
- Having the capacity to trainee Field Staff on Data Collection and Reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills and management skills
- Able to communicate effectively and work with individuals from across different social groups
- Use of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, digital recordkeeping and survey enumeration)
- Passionate about sustainable agriculture and working with farmers
- Committed leader and team player
- Focused, disciplined, and determined
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Innovative and collaborative
- Open to new ideas
- Patient and flexible
Ready to Join our Team?
We’re thrilled that you want to change the world with us. Apply Here.
TREES is an equal-opportunity employer.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that TREES receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those selected for an interview will be contacted.