Who We Are
At Trees for the Future (TREES), we train farmers in sustainable land use so that they can build vibrant regional economies, thriving food systems, and a healthier planet. As a global leader in agroforestry training for over 30 years, TREES provides hands-on education and support, encouraging farmers in developing countries to work with nature, not against it.
Our signature methodology, the Forest Garden Approach, helps farmers transform their land with thousands of trees and dozens of crops, creating new possibilities for themselves, and their communities. By embracing sustainable land practices, farmers are reclaiming their agency, breaking the cycles of climate change and generational poverty, and rebuilding our food systems from the ground up. Learn more at trees.org.
About the Opportunity
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative and clerical support to the Country Director and acting as a senior-level executive assistant based in Nairobi.
In this role, you will…
- Have a deep passion for our mission and line of work
- Have a strong belief in a positive culture aligned with our core values.
- Act as the first contact point for all matters concerning the OCD and respond to internal and external inquiries as appropriate ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions take place on time.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Office of the Country Director including drafting/editing correspondence, letters, reports, agendas, meeting minutes and action points, etc.
- Coordinate the Country Director’s diary, ensuring daily priorities are met and managed effectively.
- Oversee all travel arrangements for the Office of the Country Director and other country officers including planning and executing complex travel itineraries for international staff, (Hotel booking airport transfers and coordinating all travel logistics).
- Raise advance and payment requisitions in line with the approved budget.
- Coordinate and establish a proper filling system for the organization and work with relevant certified organizations to develop a central registry for TREES documents and Standard Operating Procedures for documentation
- Ensure the Country Director receives regular and timely progress reports from project heads reporting directly to him/her, including regular meetings with the Heads of projects
- Provide administrative support to the Country Directors’ office as required including keeping track of agreed meeting action points and ensuring timely follow-up by all directors, managers, and senior program staff.
- Monitor expenditure and maintain financial records within the office of the Country Director
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor
You’ll be a great fit if you have…
- A Higher National Diploma in secretarial studies from a recognized institution. A relevant university degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in a similar position.
Terms of Employment
The term of employment in this position is one (1) year renewable (with a probationary period of three (3) months) subject to the availability of funds.
Ready to Join our Team?
We’re thrilled that you want to change the world with us. Click here to apply.
TREES is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that TREES receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.