Who We Are
At Trees for the Future (TREES), we train farmers in sustainable land use so that they can build vibrant regional economies, thriving food systems, and a healthier planet. As a global leader in agroforestry training for over 30 years, TREES provides hands-on education and support, encouraging farmers in developing countries to work with nature, not against it.
Our signature methodology, the Forest Garden Approach, helps farmers transform their land with thousands of trees and dozens of crops, creating new possibilities for themselves, and their communities. By embracing sustainable land practices, farmers are reclaiming their agency, breaking the cycles of climate change and generational poverty, and rebuilding our food systems from the ground up. Learn more at trees.org.
About the Opportunity
The Operations Coordinator (OC) will be responsible for ensuring the successful administration, coordination, and collaboration of the Carbon and Forest Garden Project activities in the counties of Kisumu, Homabay, and Migori. In addition, this position will offer program functional support in the respective regions and will report to the Operations Manager.
In this role, you will…
- Have a deep passion for our mission and line of work.
- Have a strong belief in a positive culture aligned with our core values.
- Provide administrative and operations support to the Technician Supervisors to coordinate overall project implementation across the counties. This will ensure that activities are carried out in a timely manner and within budget.
- Assist Technician Supervisors and Lead Technicians in monitoring and reviewing their budgets on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the Accountant with the support of the Operations Manager to institute corrective measures for any anomalies that may arise.
- Support the hiring of highly qualified technicians in collaboration with the Human Resource Specialist to establish and manage projects as needed.
- Maintain close communication and coordination with the MEL Manager to support technicians in filling in the Monthly Reporting Forms (MRFs).
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with relevant government offices at all levels in accordance with TREES goals and priorities.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships with county and international corporations, development organizations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) involved in agroforestry or complementary work.
- Ensure TREES Regional program activities, processes, and staff adhere to both local laws and organizational policies.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
You’ll be a great fit if you have…
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in project management, Forestry, Environmental Science, Agroforestry and rural development, Agriculture, or a related area.
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar position with great effectiveness in managing multiple projects and participants.
Terms of employment
The term of employment in this position is one (1) year renewable (with a probationary period of three (3) months) subject to the availability of funds.
Ready to Join our Team?
We’re thrilled that you want to change the world with us. Click here to apply.
TREES is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that TREES receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.