In this role, you will…
- Manage the planning process of procurement and supply chain activities, store management, and distribution of goods procured, ensuring timely deliveries to avoid unprecedented delays.
- Prepare annual procurement plans and monitor implementation of the procurement plan.
- Prepare prequalification documents, prequalify potential suppliers, maintain a roster of suppliers and manage relationships with vendors, suppliers, and contractors that facilitate a smooth flow of services.
- Ensure timely preparation of procurement processes for projects and monitor procurement, including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ materials and documents, RFP, receipt of quotations, bids, and proposals, evaluation, and negotiation of certain contracts in full compliance with Trees Procurement Manual.
- Evaluate all procurement requirements and ensure timely procurement and delivery of goods, works, and services based on purchase requests received from user departments and using the most appropriate and efficient procurement procedures.
- Ensure full compliance of all procurement activities with the Trees Procurement Manual, Financial Rules and Regulations, relevant organizational directives, and administrative instructions.
- Implement effective internal controls, process improvements, proper design, and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system for Trees projects and related reporting.
- Maintain good supplier relations and negotiate contracts.
- Oversee travel arrangements, including planning and executing complex travel itineraries for international staff for TREES (Hotel booking airport transfers and coordinating travel logistics).
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement, including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations, payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation, documentation, and risk assessment.
- Support the functioning of the Procurement Unit, Committees, and Evaluation teams.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly procurement reports and submit them to the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with standard reporting requirements and audits.
- Overseeing all procurement and purchasing activities
- Maintain Country Procurement Plan and Blanket Purchase Agreements with selected vendors.
- Maintain and keep a current preferred list of vendors.
- Work closely with the field teams to better understand procurement bottlenecks and timing needs.
- Work with HQ staff to implement procurement processes, including open tendering to reduce collusion, overpricing, and fairness during the sourcing of goods and services.
Work closely with the Logistician and Compliance Officer to:
- Initiate assets tagging, verification, maintenance, monitoring, and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures.
- Ensure all stores and equipment held by the projects are stored safely, correctly and securely, depending on item classifications.
- Organize and deliver training materials for the project personnel on procurement, supply chain, and assets management.
- Work closely with the Logistician and Compliance Officer to find the most cost-effective solutions for transport, warehousing, and distribution (reviewing the vendor to last mile chain)
Collaborate with the Seed Bank Officer:
- Negotiate with identified vendors in cases where the seed is being procured from other vendors who are not our trained vendors.
- Acknowledge together with the seed bank team the receipt of seeds.
- Verify the delivered quantities against the requested quantities.
- Verify the quantities going out.
- Inventory management for seed payments, stocks, and distribution
The following minimum professional qualifications,
- University Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, or a related relevant field.
- Three years of relevant experience working in Procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in-depth experience in managing complex sourcing processes and supplier relationships in the delivery and management of procurement and supply chain services, stores, and assets management.
- Professional qualification in procurement completed or ongoing (CIPS or CPSP)
- Membership to a local/International professional entity (KISM) is essential.
- Knowledge of NGO/ Donor policies and their compliance requirements regarding Procurement and wider supply chain activity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of computer applications and systems.
- Fluency in both verbal and written English is essential.
- Solid knowledge and experience in planning and implementing sourcing activities and processes.
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Excellent Contract management, negotiations, and relationship management skills.