WHO WE ARE
Nearly a billion people live in extreme poverty and earn less than $1/day. Most of them are subsistence farmers whose farming practices have led to the deforestation of their land and the degradation of their local – and the global – environment.
Trees for the Future (TREES) is ending hunger and extreme poverty for farmers in developing nations by generating health, wealth and resilience. Through our “Forest Garden Approach,” we train farmers to plant and manage Forest Gardens that sustainably feed families and raise their incomes by 400%. We receive donations to implement our work in areas where we can have the greatest impact.
Since 1989, with our experience in planting over 180 million trees, we have demonstrated the transformative power of trees in helping smallholder farmers to break out of the poverty trap. Today, our work in East and West Africa is helping to end hunger and poverty by guiding thousands – and soon hundreds of thousands – to grow food and promote economic independence through trees. Learn more at www.trees.org.
Trees for the Future’s Brand Partnerships Associate focuses on both cultivating and nurturing relationships with corporate partners that we classify as Brand Partners (BPs). This is a critical role, since donations from BPs comprise over 60% of the income for the organization. The organization over 300 BPs, of all sizes and representing multiple industries, and we receive multiple inquiries each week. Consequently, there is a significant amount of engagement momentum and acceptance to be leveraged going forward.
This position will focus on growing the number of BPs and maintaining current ones. Specific duties include:
- Making and updating a target list of BPs and accurately recording their path through the contracting pipeline;
- Generate monthly reports on development metrics as they relate to key performance indicators and discuss and review with the supervisor;
- Providing timely responses to all new partnership inquiries;
- Making sure that all emails, calls and inquiries from existing BPs within the indicated donorship range are answered promptly and accurately;
- Maintaining good outgoing communications protocol and touchpoint management with existing BPs. Specifically, it’s important that all BPs be aware of key tree planting (program) developments and organizational milestones;
- Making sure that the BPs accurately represent and promote their respective relationships with the organization;
- Attending conferences, events as necessary to represent TREES to individuals as well as existing or potential BPs.
Other administrative tasks will include:
- Helping to maintain the integrity of the organization’s Salesforce instance at all times;
- Developing a working knowledge of Salesforce to the point of being able to generate reports, design custom workflows, and generally optimizing the tool to streamline business processes and automate administration.
- Other duties may be assigned
In order to succeed at this position the candidate will be a quick learner, have a positive attitude, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, have high standards, possess excellent people skills, and have the ability to write, communicate and present extremely well. Candidates should be creative and flexible team players who are passionate about organization’s mission and international development.
In addition to having demonstrated an ability to do the responsibilities listed in the position description, the ideal applicant has:
- Sales-oriented spirit. A passion for our mission and a love of fundraising and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, or a related field.
- 1 year or more of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working or volunteering in the developing world preferred but not necessary.
- Experience with technology to be able to work in Salesforce databases.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS SUMMARY
- Career development and job-related training;
- Opportunities to travel;
- This position is entitled to receive health insurances (vision, dental, medical); TREES covers 85% of cost of premium;
- Ten (10) paid holidays annually;
- Twelve (12) days of vacation accrued according to company policy;
- Seven (7) paid sick days and three (3) paid personal days per year;
- Weekly remote work opportunities;
- 403B (401K for nonprofits) with a 5% match after the first year of employment;
- Maternity, adoption, voting and bereavement leave according to company policy;
- Additional insurances available as desired through AFLAK;
- The satisfaction of helping the planet and countless families to plant their way out of poverty.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Brand Partnerships Associate”