Corporate Relations Coordinator
WHO WE ARE
Nearly a billion people live in extreme poverty and earn less than $1/day. Most of them are subsistence farmers whose farming practices have led to the deforestation of their land and the degradation of the their local – and the global – environment.
Trees for the Future (TREES) is ending hunger and extreme poverty for farmers in developing nations by generating health, wealth and resilience. Through our “Forest Garden Approach,” we train farmers to plant and manage Forest Gardens that sustainably feed families and raise their incomes by 400%. We receive donations to implement our work in areas where we can have the greatest impact.
Since 1989, with our experience in planting over 155 million trees, we have demonstrated the transformative power of trees in helping smallholder farmers to break out of the poverty trap. Today, our work in East and West Africa is helping to end hunger and poverty by guiding thousands – and soon hundreds of thousands – to grow food and promote economic independence through trees. Learn more at www.trees.org.
TREES’ full time Corporate Relations Coordinator focuses on both cultivating and nurturing relationships with donor corporate partners (CP). This is a critical role, since donations from CPs comprise between 75-80% of the income for the organization. The organization already has many hundreds of CPs, of all sizes and representing multiple industries, and we receive multiple inquiries each week. Consequently, there is a significant amount of engagement momentum and acceptance to be leveraged going forward.
This position works collaboratively with the entire development and marketing and communications teams. This position will report directly to the Director of Business Development and will focus on managing and growing a portfolio of our small to mid-level CPs (between 150 – 250 companies) to meet and exceed a growing revenue target of $250,000 – $350,000.
- Make and update a target list of CPs and accurately recording their path through the contracting pipeline;
- Generate monthly reports on development metrics as they relate to key performance indicators and discuss and review with the supervisor;
- Provide timely responses to all new partnership inquiries;
- Make sure that all emails, calls and inquiries from existing CPs within the indicated donorship range are answered promptly and accurately;
- Maintain good outgoing communications protocol and touchpoint management with existing CPs. Specifically, it’s important that all CPs be aware of key tree planting activities, ongoing and planned fundraising campaigns, development and organizational milestones;
- Plan and execute cause marketing campaigns with CPs;
- Engage in prospecting for potential new CPs with the rest of the Business Development and Partnerships team;
- Ensure that the CPs accurately represent and promote their respective relationships with the organization;
- Meet and exceed annual CP revenue targets that are co-created with the Director of Business Development;
- Attend conferences, events and festivals as necessary to represent TREES to individuals as well as existing or potential CPs.
Other administrative tasks will include:
- Helping to maintain the integrity of the organization’s Salesforce database at all times;
- Developing a working knowledge of Salesforce to the point of being able to generate reports, design custom workflows, and generally optimizing the tool to streamline business processes and automate administration; and
- Ensure invoicing and payment processing is smooth, timely and accurate.
In order to succeed at this position the candidate will be flexible and open to learn, have a positive attitude, be comfortable in a fast paced environment, have high standards, possess excellent people skills, and have the ability to write, communicate and present extremely well. Candidates should be creative and flexible team players who are passionate about the organization’s mission and international development.
In addition to having demonstrated an ability to do the responsibilities listed in the position description, the ideal applicant has:
- Sales-oriented spirit. A passion for our mission and a love of corporate social responsibility and fundraising.
- Ease in comfort and communication with strangers and excited about promoting our work to potential CPs.
- Detail-oriented and familiar with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Understands the impetus for businesses to support social causes, corporate social responsibility, B-Corps and other initiatives that encourage businesses to donate in and invest in Trees for the Future.
- Experience in cause marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working or volunteering in the developing world preferred
- Experience with technology to be able to work in Salesforce databases