Who We Are
At Trees for the Future, we believe in a world where our planet is thriving and communities in developing nations are breaking the cycle of poverty. We have over 30 years of dedicated experience working with farmers around the globe to transform their land in a sustainable way that not only ends hunger and poverty, but is also beneficial to the environment.
Through our Forest Garden Approach, diverse team of change-makers, and an incredible supporter community, we have been able to plant over 200 million trees and help tens of thousands of lives. But we are just getting started. With our entrepreneurial approach to everything we do, we are passionate about not only meeting our mission, but enhancing traditional nonprofit practices through innovation and an inspiring brand experience. Learn more about us at www.trees.org.
We are currently a fully remote workplace but we prefer that applicants for this position reside in the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) area.
The part-time fundraising intern will work with TREES development and communications staff to assist in the development and execution of donor strategies for the current donor and prospect portfolio of high net-worth individuals primarily in, but not limited to, the United States. We are seeking a paid intern (up to 20 hours a week) for up to 3 months to start in October. In addition, we will work with your college/university in obtaining internship credit if selected for this opportunity. The Fundraising Intern will report directly to the Individual Giving Coordinator and support them with several critical tasks to support our team and ensure our individual donors feel valued. They must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and feel no hesitation asking for donations to support our mission.
- Assist with our end-of-year fundraising campaign(which includes, but is not limited to supporting online fundraising events, drafting solicitations, and pulling lists for communications)
- Assist in sending end-of-year communications to donors
- Support preparation of thank you notes to core supporters
- Assist with responding to donor emails and inquiries
- Create certificates for donors
You must have…
In order to succeed at this position, the candidate will be flexible, open to change, a quick learner, have a positive, can-do attitude, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, have high standards, possess excellent people skills, take the initiative and be willing to problem solve, and have the ability to write, communicate and present extremely well. Candidates need to thrive in a high-communication environment where transparency in activities and brainstorming on ideas are valued. Candidates should also be creative team players who are passionate about TREES’ mission and international development.
In addition to having demonstrated an ability to do the responsibilities listed in the position description, the ideal applicant has:
- A strong belief in a positive culture in alignment with our core values
- A passion for our mission and an affinity for corporate social responsibility and fundraising.
- Detail-oriented and well-poised.
- Affinity for data and research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to navigate technological platforms such as Salesforce.
- Experience working or volunteering in the developing world is preferred.
- A sales mindset
- Hourly paid position commensurate with experience
- Career development and job-related training
- Flexible work environment
- The satisfaction of helping countless families to plant their way out of poverty
Ready to Join our Team?
We’re thrilled that you want to change the world with us. Email email@example.com with the subject line “Fundraising Internship” to apply.