An Initiative of Trees for the Future
Information we collect
The tax laws of the United States and the State of Maryland require us to keep contact information and the contribution amounts for our donors on file. This includes amount donated, date of donation, donor comments, address, email, and telephone number.
How we use that information
Trees for the Future will never publish, sell, trade, share, or rent the names, contact information, or donation information of our donors. We will use the information only for the following purposes:
- Sending donation receipts and acknowledgment
- Sending further communications regarding the activities of Trees for the Future, its mission, and how donors may continue to support the organization.
- Sending our newsletter and e-newsletter to donors. Any donor that does not wish to receive these newsletters may easily opt out.
- Reporting to federal and state agencies as required by law.
- Donations are assumed to be private unless the donor explicitly states otherwise. All comments and communications with donors are kept strictly confidential. Donors can opt out of receiving some or all communications from us, if they prefer, by unsubscribing to the email newsletter or contacting us (contact information below).
Trees for the Future utilizes secure encrypted online payment processing and does not store or have access to your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other private account data.
Mailed donations are placed in a lockbox until they are deposited, providing the highest possible level of security and confidentiality.
If you have any questions about this policy, or need further assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to:
Trees for the Future
PO Box 7027
Silver Spring, MD 20907